Saturday 29 December 2012

KUU Konjac Sponge Review




When I received this in my LHI Eco Box I was a little sceptical.  It didn't look very attractive, felt very strange and I was a bit reluctant to try this product.

I am glad I got over my aversion because this is an amazing little 'all natural' sponge made from a vegetable plant root.  It feels so soft on your skin, you wouldn't think something so gentle would do such a good job of totally cleansing your skin.  Dries rock hard but all you have to do when you want to use it again is soak in warm water.



Gently exfoliates while cleansing your skin of all make up, oil and dirt.  You can use this just with warm water or a tiny bit of cleanser, I found that it removed all my makeup including mascara and then you just rinse it clean and hang it up on the string embedded into the sponge to dry for next time.

There is a Pure sponge with no added clay available for people who cannot use products on their skin,  this is ideal as you can just use water.  It does a terrific job of cleansing your skin without the need for soap or lotion which might irritate sensitive skin.  There is also a sponge for babies and children and is recommended for those suffering from eczema.



 I received the Sponge with French Red Clay, this is what gives it a red colour. 

When I rinsed the sponge out with water I was expecting the clay to rinse out too but it was clear, I think the sponge is just naturally dyed from the clay.  French Red Clay comes from Hematite iron and the red colour is the result of the copper oxides contained in the clay.

The benefits of French Red Clay is its ability to cleanse, exfoliate and detoxify the skin.

This is what KUU have to say on their website;

The beauty of the sponge is its simplicity. It is naturally alkaline to balance the acidity of the skins impurities and oils.
The Red clay sponge is loaded with Iron Oxide. This sponge deep cleanses and exfoliates the skin from the layers of dead cells and accelerates the regeneration process to leave the skin hydrated and looking radiant.
It will leave a soothing effect on irritated, sunburnt and sensitive skin. It can also help with the rosacea condition.

Ideal for mature and/or dry skin that needs rejuvenating. Reduces the appearance of fine lines and broken capillaries.
The KUU Konjac Sponge can be used on its own or with your favourite cleanser. But remember just a tiny amount goes a long way as the sponge delivers more lather than usual. Better for your skin, better for the environment and your pocket!
You can purchase sponges for all skin types and one will last approx 3 months with daily use. RRP is $8.95, this sponge is definitely worth a try, it really works.
www.kuukonjac.com.au

Please leave a comment below and let me know what you think of this amazing little sponge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you and I will reply to all x0x