Friday 25 January 2013

Physicians Formula Happy Booster Review

I finally got my hands on some Physicians Formula, Happy Booster Glow and Mood boosting powder and blushes and have very much enjoyed using them.


Natural                    Translucent                    Rose


They are super cute which is what mainly attracted me at first.  ALL those love hearts!

What has put me off purchasing them here in Australia is the price.  Almost half to two thirds more expensive than the US.

I ended up purchasing these from iHerb here, not only were they less than half price, their shipping is really competitive making it worthwhile to shop internationally.  First time customers use discount code TUW872 at checkout for $5-$10 off your first order.

Ok so what do they mean by Glow and Mood Boosting Powder?  This is what Physicians Formula have to say;

Infused with our Happy Boost Blend, featuring Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress. The sweet scent of Violet provides a feeling of joy each time you apply.

I can't say I feel happier but maybe you need to wear it for a while to enjoy the mood boosting benefits but the scent of Violets is nice if not exactly joyful.  Does make your bag smell really good though.




I love the Hot Pink packaging, the compact is sturdy, easy to open with a push of a button, the pan sits on top and there is a good sized mirror and brush in the hidden compartment below.

Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Powder - Translucent.  RRP $29.99 Aus, with iHerb VIP discount $11.94 aus.


Translucent


This is a super soft translucent powder which can be applied alone or over makeup to even out skin tone and add a healthy glow.  I use this as a highlighter.  The little pink heart can be used to add a pop of colour to your cheeks.  I really like this powder, there is enough pigment in there that it evens out your skin colour on bare skin, feels so soft and it isn't overly 'glowing'.  I chose translucent because I just wanted a powder that wasn't too pigmented to set my makeup and add a subtle glow.  You can also purchase this in Beige, Bronzer and Light Bronzer.


Natural


Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Blush - Natural.  RRP $21.95 Aus, with iHerb VIP discount $10.10.


Rose


Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Blush - Rose.  RRP $21.95 Aus, with iHerb VIP discount $10.10.

Not only do these blushes add a healthy bit of colour to your cheeks the different coloured hearts can be used to define and contour your face.

I have only just started using blushes because I have always had a healthy blush most my life but since I have been on Chemo my skin has become very pale and I look like 'death'.  People keep stopping me and asking me if I'm OK and I said to myself  "Mmmm I need some colour in my cheeks!"  So this is a whole new area for me and I have been experimenting with different colours and trying very hard not to come off looking like Bobo the Clown.

I like these blushes very much.  The Natural blusher can double as a bronzer if your as pale as me and the Rose is just beautiful for a natural pink glow.  The shades are buildable so start slow until you reach your desired tone.  The pink came off very bright on me at first until I learnt to just dab the ends of my blush brush and swirl on my cheeks a little at a time.

Very happy with all three.

Please leave a comment below and let me know what you think of Physicians Formula Happy Booster Compacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you and I will reply to all x0x