Saturday 28 September 2013

FaB Box by Lust Have It September


Lust Have It have released a new box called FaB which is short for Fashion and Beauty.

matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au


I'm sorry but there is nothing FAB about this box at all unless you like cheap junk being passed off as something expensive and fabulous!  At $35 it's a total rip-off.


1.  FaB Mint Green Watch RRP$29.95 -  you can find these exact same watches on ebay HERE selling for $3.99 and HERE for a $1 which includes free postage, now that's a bargain.  Where did LHI ever get a RRP of $29.95 from??


2.  FaB Aztec Print Scarf RRP$24.95 - thin cheap polyester, this scarf is large enough to be a tablecloth!  It is so huge I can't get it all in the photo.  I actually don't mind this scarf but there is so much of it and the quality is poor.  UPDATE:  The lovely Loz suggested this would make a good sarong, she's right it is large enough and would look great over a bikini.

matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

3.  LHI Limitied Edition Tote Bag RRP$12.95 - cheap canvas library bag


matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au


4.  FaB Tassel Necklace RRP$19.95, this is a real throw back to the 70's my Mum used to wear ghastly tasteless necklaces like this, I'm going to hang it off my verandah to scare the birds away from nesting in the eves.  You can find cheap and nasty jewellry like this at the local $2 shop.

5.  Duri Nail Enamel RRP$18 - Call Me Maybe - (Neon Pink) & Pie in the Sky Green .  Not impressed with either of these shades and the formula is thick and streaky.  Look great in the bottle turns a garish bright neon matte shade once applied.


matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au


So that's it, the first and last time I will ever purchase a FaB box from Lust Have It. I feel like I have been robbed.  Passing off cheap items as quality with made up RRP, I'm insulted!!  Biggest waste of $35 I have spent!

If this is Lust Have Its idea of "the most exclusive fashion and beauty box", I'll stick to buying it a whole lot cheaper off Ebay.

17 comments:

  1. That watch is the kind often seen in fun fairs, and little girls buy them - I had one in virulent purple. I'm so sorry you were ripped off! I wouldn't pay $5 for those things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This sounds like a complete rip-off thanks for the warning!

    Kisses xo, Selorm.
    She Just Talks | sjtx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering what this was going to TRULY be like! I follow one blogger/you tuber and I swear she just raves about shit hoping to get freebies! Seems to work though! :P
    Her Fashion Box also seems to included high RRP products that actually retail for a lot, lot less! I'm still waiting for my box, love that you're going to use the necklace to scare the birds!! Too funny! I'd already seen someone comment that the watch was less than $5, I see they're planning on doing this as a monthly box, but I won't be subbing... I've also seen someone comment that the scarf will make a good sarong over Summer... thoughts? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sad that it's not so good... I never tried to buy any beauty box yet. Mainly because there are not many that send to my country...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hya Loz, you have to look at some of these other bloggers giving really glowing reviews and realise they are in LHI's pocket and yest they are hoping for payment/freebies, I don't have time for them, if you can't be honest with your readers you shouldn't be writing a blog. I used to sell jewellry at markets and I know how much some of this stuff costs and RRP means nothing!! You are right about the scarf it should have been labelled as a sarong it would make a love cover up. Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not anything but honest with my readers Selorm and if I can save you money with the truth I will.


    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree Renu this watch and jewellry is something you would find in a lucky dip. I think it is insulting that LHI would rip us off like this. Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yomi thanks for commenting, my advice for you is too save your money and buy something you would really like. You could always go to beauty counters and ask for samples. Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lust Have It seemed to be putting out some great boxes recently but both of your recent ones have looked so disappointing. I am THRILLED about the $3.99 watch, definitely picking one up immediately!

    x Bridget
    bridgerydoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hya Bridget, the watch is huge man-size, I have been wearing it today but the silicone is irritating my skin and the band sweats. LHI deserve a slap passing off cheap imports as something luxe!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must admit, when I saw the sneak peak pic I thought it looked bad, but once you feel the lack of quality of the items, you just feel ripped off. I do like the polishes, so that's the only thing stopping steam from coming out of my ears that I paid $35 bucks for this.


    I also kinda dislike that they're trying to undercut Her Fashion Box. Fair warning, I have received free products from HFB for review in the past, but I do pay for the box out of my own pocket, and I want those girls to do well. They pioneered this slice of the market in Australia, have done the research and taken the slings of the first failures, and now Lust Have It are undercutting them on price and following their model without as much risk as HFB took on by testing the water with those first boxes.


    Having said that, I usually love the monthly LHI box, and the ECO box is my baby. Hopefully they'll rethink the FaB box, take it back to being a Seasonal box and get higher quality items. Then maybe I'll be sucked into the next offering.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to agree with you there Missy on all counts. Eco box is the only box of LHI's that I like and probably the only one I will subscribe too once my annual sub is finished


    Jac x0x.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was one box I was almost tempted to get but decided not to, thankfully! I am grateful for your honesty as I saw a few blogs earlier where they were raving on about how fantastic the items were, but to tell you the truth, I wasn't impressed by anything I saw!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did not like the look of that box one single bit............... $35 ?! eeeppp that's steep... I think LHI should probably just stick with a couple of boxes and really work to equalise all box values + focus on product quality instead of stemming into these fashion boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think LHI have stretched themselves too far and they are getting greedy that is why the quality of items over all the boxes is so poor, I agree with you, stick to just a couple of boxes and provide customers with the best.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I only received my box today and I was looking forward to the nail polishes but maybe not after reading your post :( The colours are lovely though. I, too, find the content a bit cheap in quality especially the watch!! Mine arrived damaged and the top and bottom buttons don't even work..... I think I would an extra $5 and opt for HFB.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The colours would be lovely if they didn't look like highlighter pens when you put them on, too bright for me. I think those buttons are just for decoration, I did try all combinations of pressing them though lol...........

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you and I will reply to all x0x