Tuesday 20 May 2014

Ankle Surgery





matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

On Friday the 16th of May I finally had my Ankle Fusion Surgery.

I travelled to Calvary Hospital in Canberra where the took very good care of me and now I am recovering comfortably at home.

I would have to say this is the most painful surgery I have ever had and there is a long road to recovery ahead including 8 weeks of non-weight bearing which means I can't put my foot on the ground.

I am finding the crutches very painful and I am covered in bruises along my arms,  under arms, the sides of my breasts and the palms of my hands.

At the moment my ankle is wrapped in a back slab waiting for the swelling to subside so hopefully in two weeks I can have a leg cast.

Unfortunately it is affecting my ability to blog as I really can't get out of bed much and don't feel much like taking photos, editing, etc..............  So I am going to take a little break and hopefully will be back soon.

Take care everyone, I will now catch up on all my blog reading from my favourite bloggers, lying in bed and reading is about all I can do lol....


Jac x0x

15 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that you're going through all of this at the moment! Here's to a speedy recovery and I hope you come back around soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! Rest up and take it easy Jac. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you poor thing, hope it heals really quickly Jac :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! That looks nasty. Get well soon!

    Beauty Challenged

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathi de Vriend21 May 2014 at 11:00

    Wishing you a speed recovery! Take it easy, and before you know it, you'll be up and about and feeling back to normal. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Cathi, I look forward to feeling normal, nothing more frustration than not being able to get up and about xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Kayte xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch Ouch and more Ouch Loz, do not recommend it at all lol.............. Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. MyBeautyJunction4 June 2014 at 20:01

    Oh no you poor thing! I hope you are feeling better by now and that the pain is going down. Take care, don't overdo it and relax! Wishing you a speedy recovery xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Renu, not really feeling up to doing much, recovery is going a lot slower than I had hoped. I seem to spend most my time sleeping lol....................

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck. I hope you have a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hannah Jane Williams22 January 2015 at 09:02

    bahhh! oh no get well soon

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you and I will reply to all x0x