Thursday 28 June 2012

Australian Beauty Boxes

Beauty boxes is something I am relatively new too but with what I have received so far, I don't think it is something I will be doing for much longer.

Why? I don't think the Australian equivalent is up to the standard of the boxes I have seen from overseas.

Take the latest Lust Have It box for June, I received 5 items and two of them were perfume samples, there was a dry shampoo spray 30g, single use face mask and eye mask plus a full sized glitter eyeliner. That was it. Repetitive and boring, there was no need for two perfumes and two masks, customers want variety in their samples, or so they have been commenting on Lust Have It's FB page.

Now compare that to what was in the Bellabox from Singapore. I watched this 'opening' on youtube channel '2jasdream' and I was blown away by what she received.

1. Ralph Lauren perfume sample 'Romance' 1.5ml + a voucher for a free shower gel if purchasing full size perfume

2. Biotherm White D-Tox Tick BB cream 5ml

3. Biotherm Late Corpe Body Moisturiser 30mls + a voucher for 10% off full size purchases for any Biotherm products.

4. Shu uemura fresh pore clarifying gentle cleansing oil 20ml + 10% off discount voucher.

5. Lancome Blanc Expert Derm-Crystal 5ml sample size

6. Lancome Genifique Youth Activator 5ml + a voucher for a free moisturiser with any lancome purchase.

7. Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Toner 40ml travel size

8. Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate 4ml

Wow, I mean really, whats with that? She received 8 generous sized products from 5 different beauty companies plus discount coupons to purchase full sized products.

Why isn't Bellabox Australia offering their customers the same value as their Singapore company? I think Australian beauty boxes really need to lift their game.

As for Lust Have It, I don't know what is going on with them this month, I know not everyone received a box because they sold out. I think with the take over of Glossy box they found themselves with more customers than samples to go around, which made June's collection really thin for those of us who did receive. I hope that they can get their act together because beauty boxes are a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you and I will reply to all x0x