Sunday 10 March 2013

Camouflage Colour Nail Lacquer Review


matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

My review of the following three Camouflage Colour Nail Lacquers, (l-r) Red Plum, Metal Green and Purple.

These nail lacquers are "as natural and pure as modern technology allows"  you can find out more about what is or more importantly isn't in these polishes here.

I think the bottles are cute but I don't like the lids, needs a longer handle for easier application.  The brushes are OK but they tend to streak so you need to use a light hand and just use the tips of the brush and then it applies fairly well.

matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

2 coats

1.  Red Plum
2.  Metal Green
3.  Purple

I really like the colours and they are made with all natural food grade dyes.

You really have to shake the bottle well to mix all the ingredients, they tend to separate and become gluggy and thick.   Two thins coats are best if you don't want streaks and they DO take a while to dry, longer than I am used too.

I painted my nails with the Metal Green yesterday and I was really happy with the results.  I applied a base coat and then two coats of the polish.  It did take a long long time to dry and one nail ended up with dents and scratches.  Once it is dry though it is very strong, I went out and trimmed my pony's feet and NO CHIPS, if you want to test a nail polish that's the way to go lol...

matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

No chips

My least favourite colour would have to be the Red Plum it is not a shade I would normally wear but I love to play with polish and I added a top coat of Glitter Gal and I really liked the results.  So below is each shade of Camouflage with a top coat of something else.


matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au



1.  Camouflage Red Plum with a coat of Glitter Gal - Belgian Chocolate.
2.  Camouflage Metal Green with a coat of Australis - Speck-takular.
3.  Camouflage Purple with a coat of Glitter Gal - Frappe.

I was a little impatient and smeared the green, it does take a long time to dry and you DO need a light hand.

matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au


I wasn't too impressed with Camouflage when I received my first lacquer Red Plum but once I got used to the formula and had a bit of a play around I am quite happy with them now and will probably invest in some more colours.

You can find more Camouflage Nail Lacquers here if you are interested in trying this brand for yourself.

I hope you liked my review and please leave a comment below I would love to hear from you.


13 comments:

  1. These are pretty - I especially like the purple one!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the purple one too!

      Thanks for commenting :o)

      Jac x0x

      Delete
  2. I agree the plum red looks fantastic with a coat of glitter! I received a silver one from my LHI box, I'm excited to use it, especially since it's considered a natural product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hya Lily, I would love to see what your silver looks like, I hope you will do a blog :o)

      Jac x0x

      Delete
  3. The metal green is a pretty colour. Frosty, I think?
    I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award: http://mybeautyjunction.blogspot.in/2013/03/im-back.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the colours you've bought! I actually really like the red plum shade, and the purple looks more pink.

    dreamdustx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The red plum isn't a bad colour I just don't look good in red :o)

      I agree with the purple not being purple they need to get more imaginative with their names.

      Jac x0x

      Delete
  5. I love the purple shade, its beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purple is one of my favourite colours, I really like this shade too :o)

      Jac x0x

      Delete
  6. hey Jac~

    I love what you did with the purple one~ very cute~!!! ^^ wish I'd gotten that shade in my LHI~ :P will definitely consider purchasing it though since it's such a nice pastel~ *w*

    - Tali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tali they had a really good offer for LHI members so I went over to their website and ordered some.

      I'll let you know what I think.

      I'm glad you like :o)

      Jac x0x

      Delete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you and I will reply to all x0x