Friday 14 September 2012

bellabox September 2012



September's bellabox is "Spring in your step"

BIODERMA SEBIUM FOAMING GEL, 10ml sample, RRP $24.95 200ml - this is a soap free facial wash for combination oily skin.  Why would I receive a sample like this  as my description on my profile says I have mature dry skin?

BIODERMA SEBIUM AKN PURIFYING CORRECTIVE CARE, 5ml sample, RRP $24.95 30ml - I am a little confused by this, I think it is a moisturising cream but you use it for eliminating blemishes and blackheads.  Again, I am a 46 year old woman with dry skin, why send me products for combination/oily skin?

YOU, ME & EVERYBODY SUMPTIOUS SKIN MOUSSE, 75ml full size, RRP $13.99 - This is an all over gentle moisturiser, it is a nice size to pop in your handbag or travel with.  No contamination or chance of spilling either being an aerosol can, this is a very good idea.  I found this wasn't moisturising enough for me, left my face tight and my arms and legs didn't look or feel moisturised after application, I have very dry skin though.

                  

SAVOIRE FAIRE CONCEALER KIT, sample size, RRP $35 for a full size dual concealer and finishing powder - cute little set with 4 concealer shades and two finishing powders.  When I opened the finishing powder it went EVERYWHERE and I couldn't seal it back up.  Can't say I am too impressed with Savoire Faire products, this concealer is no exception, didn't offer much coverage and was very oily, I can understand the need for finishing powder.

USPA BEEHOLD, 30ml sample, RRP $32, 150ml - this is a styling gel hair product that you can apply to wet hair to help add body to fine hair, retain a curl and provides thermal and humidity protection.  Smells yummy, this is a natural product that contains honey and essential oils of Ylang ylang and Elemi.  Elemi oil is an interesting addition as it was used by the Ancient Egyptians in the embalming process.  The therapeutic properties of elemi oil are analgesic, expectorant, tonic, antiseptic and stimulant.  Certainly helps manage flyaway frizzy hair in my case, I don't use heat on my hair and a little of this keeps my hair smooth, the aroma is light and fades to leave you with fresh smelling hair.  I like.


BENEFIT IT'S POTENT EYE CREAM, 3g sample, RRP $32, 14g - eyecream works to fade dark circles and helps smooth fine lines.  Comes in a dinky little jar which I just adore.  I love BENEFIT products so was real happy to receive this sample.

Also included was a $15 discount voucher for The Iconic with a minimum spend of $69.  I did use my voucher, I purchased a colourful satchel to keep my paperwork and iPad in.  As I work with primary school students I love bright fun colours for work.  Great website www.theiconic.com.au and they have some terrific bargains, unfortunately you could only use this voucher on full priced items BUT they do have free postage which is always a bonus.  A nice surprise with my order was a copy of The Iconic magazine and on the front was a discount code for $15 dollars, looks like I'll be going shopping again soon!



I can't say that there is anything in this month's box that jumped out at me and said "Spring is here!"  Nothing that makes me want to freshen up and change my Spring routine.  My feeling is there was no pattern to this month's box at all, just a few samples tossed together, especially as I received two samples which aren't even for my skin type while others received more appropiate moisturising samples and a full sized mascara.  Bellabox say that boxes are sent out via your beauty profile description but I feel you just get a lucky dip and some are luckier than others.

If you would like to try BB for yourself go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you and I will reply to all x0x