Friday 24 August 2012

Lust Have It August 2012



In this month's box I received;

tanGo tanning glove - full size, RRP $29.95.  Why is this called a glove, it's a face washer?  Besides that initial confusion, I'm Ok with this, I don't wear fake tan and thought well that's a waste of a good cloth but it also doubles as a makeup remover and I do wear that!  I used this tonight in the shower when I washed off my makeup, you are suppose to just use water but I used my face cleanser and it helped remove the makeup from around my eyes easier.  Don't know if I am sold on this product but it was an interesting sample to find in the box, great full-size product to receive, definitely something different.

Bioderma Atoderm Cream - 8ml sample, RRP $59.95 500ml.  I am not impressed with this sample, one look at the list of ingredients where the first two ingredients are water and mineral oil tells me this is not worth the price tag.  I can purchase natural products for a lot less.

Tigi Catwalk session series:  True Wax - full size, RRP $29.95 50g.  This wax controls your hair and adds shine.  The fragrance is very overpowering, I prefer unscented products so they don't clash with my perfume.  It is very greasy and my hair which is long but very fine doesn't tolerate oil products very well, makes my hair look stringy and dirty.  I would have preferred the other product on offer this month, Tigi Styling Cream as it is light-weight and more suited to my frizz prone hair type.  I prefer natural looking hair as opposed to 'styled', I will have to see what I can do with it.  UPDATE:  I have tried this product the last couple of times I wash my hair, I apply a very small amount and smooth it over my hair mid-length to the ends.  Does a great job of smoothing at the frizzes and doesn't leave your hair looking greasy.  A little goes a long way, I really do like this product but find the fragrance too much, it lasts for days. 

Aromatherapy Associates:  Triple Rose Renewing Moisturiser - 5ml sample, RRP $82.80 50ml.  I was really excited about this moisturiser, Rose is my all time favourite ingredient in anything!  Smells DIVINE.  I used this moisturiser last night and this morning and I can't say I am too impressed.  It applies very thick, is hard to spread and sits on your skin with a waxy feel to it.  Did not feel it was absorbing or moisturising enough for my skin, it just sat there.  I had to go over with my normal moisturiser but my face feels like I have applied lip balm all over, it feels really weird.  I think I will keep this one to use at night.

Aromatherapy Associates:  Rose Hydrating Face Mask - 5ml sample, RRP $54.95 100ml.  Another beautiful smelling product, claims to restore vital moisture to dry skin.  Contains Aloe Vera.  I don't know if I will try this as masks have a habit of breaking me out and I just don't want to go there.

Wet n Wild Nail Polish - full size, RRP $12.95, 10ml.  This is a budget line in the US but as with everything in Australia we find ourselves paying double what our american sisters do.  Not impressed with this product at all.  It's cheap, my lid was broken and just spun in place, I had to remove it and use the core lid to open the nail polish.  The shade I received?   I can't tell you because it didn't come labelled.  It looks like a beautiful metallic medium purple but goes on so sheer all you get is a slight hint of pink.  Might let the girls play with this one.



Shiseido Lipstick - sample 2.5g, RRP $43.00 4.5g.  The shade I received is Perfect Rouge.  This is a colour my mother would wear, way to dark for my fair skin.  Applies well and evenly, I can't say that I found it moisturising as claimed but all lipstick dries my lips out.  You can make 'too dark' colours work for you if you apply sparingly and use it as a lip stain and cover it with lipgloss, I will have fun playing with this.



I must say I was happy with the varied selection I received this month, I don't know if I will be able to use everything but there certainly are some new brands in there I would be interested in finding out more about.  This month's box was great value for money and I think for a lot of members it is important to see that they are getting their money's worth.  I know it is for me.

I hope you go back to the brightly coloured bags, I love them!

Happy birthday Lust Have It, here's wishing you another year of bigger and better things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you and I will reply to all x0x