Wednesday 3 July 2013

Face of Australia glitterati review ~ Heart of Glass


(l-r)
Boogie Wonderland - Heart of Glass - Funky Town
Dancing Queen - Studio54 - Saturday Night Fever - Lookin for Some Hot Stuff - Disco Inferno

You can find out more about these Limited Edition Polishes at the Face of Australia Website here.

I haven't reviewed a nail polish in an age and I have had the entire new Limited Edition Face of Australia glitterati range for a while now so I thought I would share with you my thoughts on the nail polish I am wearing this week.

Heart of Glass

matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

Heart of Glass is part of FOA's disco themed glitter polishes and I have to admit I remember when this was a  Number 1 hit for Blondie back in 1979.  I didn't really like that song but I loved Hanging on the Telephone and Sunday Girl.

Heart of Glass is a milky pale pink polish with Red, Purple, Pink, Hot Pink, Holo Bars, White Glitter and Pink Hearts in varying glitter sizes.

It applies pretty easily and doesn't take too long to dry between coats.  I did have to fish for the Pink Hearts because they tend to sink and found the easiest thing to do what hold the bottle upside down between coats to bring the hearts to the top.  I found personally I needed three thin coats to reach desired opacity on it's own but only two thin coats as a top coat.


(l-r) 3 coats  ~  2 coats  ~  1 coat
matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

The above swatches give you a good idea of what glitter is in there and the difference between coats.  I found I was having to dab at some of the glitter to move it around.  You can also see the larger red squared and the pink hearts tend to curl but if you apply a good top coat they sit nicely.  The gel base builds up to a nice pale pink which doesn't show too well in my photo.


matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au


This was a Limited Edition Pack I picked up from Priceline a few months ago and I thought I would use these as bases for the Heart of Glass polish.


Flirt  ~  Dreamer  ~  Elegant
matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

These three gorgeous shades from Revlon were the winners from a Revlon Inspires Competition where 5 Australian bloggers were invited to get inspired by their 3 favourite shades out of a collection of 24.  

Drop Dead Gorgeous Daily was the lucky winner and these were her three choices above.


matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

I applied two coats of Heart of Glass over the top of the three shades, I was quite happy with the results, I love pastel milky nail polish.  I haven't sealed these with a top coat but would do so on my nails to keep the glitter from curling.

When I took the photo below of my poor little nails I had been wearing this polish for two days.  In that time I had scrubbed and seasoned our campfire cast iron pots in preparation for our camping trip next week and I had just hand fed our cattle before coming in and taking this photo.  The point is, NO CHIPPING!  The nail polish has held up better than my poor skin.



Base coat - 2 coats Heart of Glass - Top coat
matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

I picked up the complete set for $4.95 per bottle online at Makeup Express and they are also available at Fashion Addict and Priceline.   I hope you like these swatches.  Have you picked up any of the Glitterati Range, what do you think?  Please let me know in the comments below.

Jac x0x






25 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous and if I could get my hand on them, I think I would buy all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hya Sanja, they are very nice polishes indeed, I wonder if there any international dealers? I will check for you.

    Jac xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. MyBeautyJunction4 July 2013 at 00:17

    What a stunner! I do so love heart glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look yummy for a nail polish <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some other heart glitters, I'm going to do a review of them for you Renu!

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love milky glitters, there is something yummy about them : o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. MyBeautyJunction4 July 2013 at 00:44

    Thanks so much! The only one I have is OPI's Heart To Resist and I have to fish all day to get one heart out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so sweet. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't own any milky glitters {well, that is until my prize from Dawn arrives} and haven't really thought much of them, I'll have to try some out before making a final decision...
    I love the Revlon colours, esp the weird brown/taupe coloured one! :) The glitter looks great over that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to try the Boogie Wonderland one looks great I shall check them out!
    They all look great, I'm not a massive fan of glitter nail polishes though as it is so much more effort to take off but I can't help buying them! Haha
    Xx
    Madeleine In Wonderland||Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought the glitter looked best over the coffee shade too! it's my favourite of the three. I love pastel polish looks best on my pale hands.

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll swatch and photograph this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boogie is a really nice one too, when I do my nails next . I'll wear that one and do some swatches for you.

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Welcome :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you mix and match different nail polish together! I love the outcome, your nails look really cute, lol ! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Lily, I just wanted to show a few different looks, making swatches helps me make up my mind what to wear lol.......


    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look soo cute the once with glitters !!:) come nad see me too on:

    www.olivains.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like how heart of glass has the little heart shaped glitters! ... it would be great for valentines day :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes it would be great for Valentines, I should have been a bit more careful and turned the hearts but they were so darn hard to fish out I thought that will do!!


    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you I love glitter polish :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Do you have it Louise? I like it too, I wish it had more hearts though, I am going to do a review for Renu soon with some heart polishes I have.


    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  22. No I dont but I've been lusting over it since the very beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Heart of Glass! I like the layering options :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you Michelle, I think it is my favourite too!


    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you and I will reply to all x0x