Thursday 28 June 2012

e.l.f. haul - first impressions

This blog is just my first impressions on my recent e.l.f. cosmetics purchase. I do not review products until I have used them for a while to get a real honest idea how they perform.

I recently purchased some items from the e.l.f. cosmetics Australia website because they had a 25% off celebration for reaching 1500 likes on their FB page.



Ok, I was really excited to receive these, I thought it was a pretty good deal, not only was it 25% off but if you spend over $30 you get free registered post. I received emails all the way about the status of my order, tracking advice and from order to delivery it took two working days, got to be happy with that.

I am opening these as I write so you get my first impressions.

What was in my order?

e.l.f. Studio Beauty-On-The-Go 3-Palette Storage Case

This storage palette holds up to three of their single Beauty-On-The-Go palettes, included is a single compact if you just want to carry one palette with you. Comes with a good size mirror in the lid, the entire compact measures 12.5cm by 17.5cm so its a handy size to travel with and have a good collection of shadows, blushes, highlighters and lipgloss. Has a great high end look about it and the quality is good considering the price, I don't think it will break easily like some cheaper compacts are liable to do.


The single compact that is included is just a smaller version, has a great full length mirror, measures 13cm x 4cm so will slip easily into your make up or hand bag.


I purchased this one more out of curiousity for the speckled shades.


Definitely darker shades for a dramatic night time look.


The left side of this palette is neutral browns with some variety on the right.


Each palette contains 10 eyeshadows, two lipglosses and one blush/bronzer/highlighter. Overall there is a good selection of shades, the three I purchased all contained blushes. I believe in the US you can purchase a selection of ten palettes but there are only four available on the aussie site, I didn't purchase 'Date Night' because it was all grey shades and one white. My first impression of the eyeshadow and blush is that they are highly pigmented and creamy to the touch, a good mix of matte, shimmer and glitter. The lipglosses are great, some very pigmented shades that go on more like lip stain and the 'party perfect' are more gloss and shine. I think you could have great fun with these palettes and all are very wearable from day to night looks. I like how everything is in one place, very handy for travel, the only thing that is missing is there is nowhere to put your brushes.

Studio Eye Transformer

I love the idea of this palette. Contains 4 opalescent eyeshadows in pastel shades of green, nude beige, pink and lavender. You can use them on their own or mix them with your other eye makeup to create new shades or just lighten a look that is too dark. This speaks to the artist inside me who just loves to dabble with colour. My first impression when I opened this is how sturdy the compact is, looks great, large mirror in the lid, contains four generous sized pans and has an eye shadow brush which is a miniature of their "C" brush. The pastel shades themselves are definitely opalescent, creamy and highly pigmented.

Studio Bronzers

I purchased these based on some youtube reviews I viewed and was really curious to try them myself. They are a mix of highlighter, blush and bronzer, so you can use each shade seperately or swirl you brush over the entire pan for an all over shade. The Cool Bronzer is matte for a more natural look and contains a highlighter, two bronzers and a blush. The Warm Bronzer contains 4 shimmering shades to make you glow, great for summer. My first impression again was how great these compacts look, contains a full sized mirror in the lid but no brush. A great variety of shades so you can mix and match, creamy and highly pigmented.

Essential Lips - Hypershine Collections Limited Edition

This is a pack of 5 of their Hypershine Lipglosses, you can purchase these separately. The shades are (from the top) Au Naturale, Pageant Princess, Berry Cherry, Ruby Kiss and Raspberry. Nice collection of shades, the lighter are sheer but good pigmentation in the last three. Brush applicator and the gloss is twisted up from the bottom of the pen, go slow with the twisting otherwise you end up with a glut of gloss. My first impression is I don't like the twisting action, gloss went everywhere but now I know what I am doing I will twist slowly. The brush applies well, the gloss is thick and stays put, didn't feather and bleed into my skin and appears glass like. I really love the 'Ruby Kiss' shade, its a beautiful highly pigmented red with a blue undertone (white teeth) which made my lips look extremey full and luscious, very kissable. Yes I like these lip pens, lid stays on tight so it won't come off in your bag and so far (2hr) long wearing.


Essentials Eyelid Primer - Sheer

I have heard good reviews about this primer and look forward to trying it. My first impression is it looks like a pretty standard container, I don't like reusable sponge tips anywhere near my eyes. I will apply this via a clean brush.


Essentials Blending Eye Brush


I needed a new blending brush so thought I would give this one a go, I have the eye shadow brush and I really like that so I hope this will be the same. Good value for budget brushes.

Overall I am pretty happy with my first purchase from the Aussie e.l.f. site. I know that we pay more here for the same products in the US but we seem to pay more for everything in Australia. I still think it was a pretty good deal with the 25% off and free postage and would look at purchasing from them again when they have a sale. They didn't have a couple of products that I wanted but that's OK they have gone on my wishlist for next time.

Again this is a haul review and once I have given all the products a good go I will be writing reviews for the ones I really like, so stay tuned.

Thanks for visiting.































No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment I love to hear from you and I will reply to all x0x